580 = Gas Heat RTU Legacy Series
J = Puron® (R-410A) Refrigerant
P = 208/230-3-60
12 = 10 ton
D = Two Stage cooling models 08-16
180 = 180,000
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu
2 = Medium Static Option, Belt Drive
A = None
0A = None
D = Standard Packaging and 2-Speed Indoor Fan Motor (VFD) Controller
The Bryant rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With “no-strip screw” collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.
Easy to install:
All Legacy Linet units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Most Bryant 580J rooftops fit on existing Bryant curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Bryant accessory controls.
Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Bryant provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal. Take accurate pressure readings by reading condenser pressure with panels on. Simply remove the black, composite plug, route your gauge line(s) through the hole, and connect them to the refrigeration service valve(s).
Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Bryant puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Bryant rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in (51mm) filters standard.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Single cooling stage models are available from 3 - 10 ton.
- Two cooling stage models are available from 7.5 - 15 ton.
- SEER up to 13.0 (up to 13.4 with ECM motor*)
- EER’s up to 11.1 (up to 11.4 with ECM motor*)
- IEER’s up to 11.8 with single speed indoor fan motor and up to 12.8 with 2-speed/VFD indoor fan motor.
- Up to 28% lighter than similar industry units. Lighter rooftops make easier replacement jobs.
- Utility connections are the same because 3 - 12.5 ton units fit on existing Bryant rooftop curbs. This saves time and money on replacement jobs.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and troubleshooting easier.
- Field convertible airflow (3 - 15 ton). Being able to convert a unit from vertical airflow to horizontal makes it easy to overcome job site complications. 15 ton models require a simple supply duct cover to field convert from factory vertical to horizontal.
- Easy-adjust, belt-drive motor available.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb gas line routing.
- Single-point gas / electrical connection.
- Sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
- Standardized controls & control box layout. Standardized components & controls make stocking parts & service easier.
- Tool-less filter access door.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access on normally accessed service panels.
- “No-strip” screw system guides screws into the panel & captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Mechanical cooling (115°F to 40°F or 46°C to 4°C) standard on all models. Winter Start Kit allows cooling operation down to 25°F (-4°C) and MotorMaster to -20°F (-29°C).
- High efficiency, gas heat with induced-draft flue exhaust design.
- Induced draft motor ensures no flue gas can escape into the indoor air stream.
- Bryant designed naturally draining heat exchanger, unlike positive pressure heat exchangers, do not need to be periodically, manually drained. This saves labor and maintenance expense.
- 2-in (51mm) disposable filters on all units.
- Refrigerant filter-drier on each circuit.
- Each circuit is protected with a high and low pressure switch.
- Many factory-installed options ranging from air management economizers, 2 position dampers, plus convenience outlets, disconnect switches and smoke detectors.
- Standard (parts only) Warranty: 10 yr. aluminized heat exchanger, 5 yr. compressor, 3 yr. Novation condenser coil, 1 yr. parts.
- Factory-installed Perfect Humidity™ dehumidification system available on size 07-16 units with round tube / plate fin condenser coils, includes MotorMaster I controller. (NOTE: Perfect Humidity is no longer available on 04-06 units.)
- Optional 2-Speed Indoor Fan Motor System utilizes a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to automatically adjust the indoor fan motor speed between cooling stages. Available on 2-stage cooling models 08-16 with electromechanical controls or RTU Open.
|Weight||940 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||59.5 Inches (In)|
|Height||49.375 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||MEX|
|Length||88.125 Inches (In)|
|Blower Motor HP||3.7 HP|
|Blower Motor RPM||838-1084|
|Blower Motor Speeds||2 (Two)|
|Blower Wheel||15" x 15"|
|Condenser Motor HP||1/4 HP|
|Condenser Motor RPM||1100|
|Condenser Motor Speeds||1 (Single)|
|Cooling Rated Capacity Btu/h||120000|
|Drain Connection Size||3/4"|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Filter Size||(4) 20" x 20" x 2" RA, (1) 20" x 24" x 1" OA|
|Locked Rotor Amps||110|
|Minimum Circuit Amps||50|
|Rated Load Amps||15.6|
|Sound Level (dBA)||82|