48 = Gas Heat Packaged Rooftop / Unit Heat Type
TC = WeatherMaker® Standard Efficiency / Model Series
D = Low Heat / Heat Options
M = Single Circuit, Two Stage Cooling Models / Refrig. Systems Options
08 = 7.5 Tons / Cooling Tons
A = None / Sensor Options
2 = Belt Drive, Medium Static Option / Indoor Fan Options
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu / Coil Options - RTPF (Outdoor - Indoor)
5 = 208-230/3/60 / Voltage
- = Factory Design Revision / Design Revision
0 = Electromechanical Controls can be used with W7212 EconoMi$er IV (Non-Fault Detection and Diagnostic) / Base Unit Controls
A = None / Intake / Exhaust Options
0 = None / Service Options
A = None / Electrical Options
0 = Standard / Packaging Compliance
* Contact your Carrier expert for additional information.
The 6 to 15 Ton WeatherMaker® Carrier rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With “no-strip” screw collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.
Easy to install:
All WeatherMaker® units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Most Carrier 48TC rooftops fit on existing Carrier curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Carrier accessory controls.
Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Carrier provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal.
Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Carrier puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Carrier rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in. (51 mm) standard filters.
- Single circuit, single stage cooling model on 6 ton
- Single circuit, 2-stage cooling models are available from 7.5 to 10 ton.
- Dual circuit 2-stage cooling stage models are available from 7.5 to 15 ton.
- EERs up to 11.1 with IEERs up to 12.8
- Staged Air Volume (SAV™) 2-speed indoor fan motor system automatically adjusts the indoor fan motor speed between cooling stages. Standard on all 48TC*D/E08-16 units for installation in the United States to meet the Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency standard of 2018. Factory option for all 48TC*D/E08-16 unit installations outside the United States. 48TC*M08/09/12 units meet the DOE 2018 efficiency standard without the SAV option.
- Utility connections are the same because 6 to 12.5 ton units fit on existing Carrier rooftop curbs. This saves time and money on replacement jobs.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and troubleshooting easier.
- Field convertible airflow (6 to 15 ton). Being able to convert a unit from vertical airflow to horizontal makes it easy to overcome job site complications. A 15 ton model requires a simple supply duct cover to field convert from factory vertical to horizontal.
- Easy-adjust, belt-drive motor available.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb gas line routing.
- Single-point gas / electrical connection.
- Internally sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
- Standardized controls and control box layout. Standardized components and controls make stocking parts and service easier.
- Tool-less filter access door.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access on normally accessed service panels.
- “No-strip” screw system guides screws into the panel and captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Mechanical cooling (115°F to 40°F or 46°C to 4°C) standard on all models. Winter Start Kit allows cooling operation down to 25°F (-4°C) and Motormaster® option to -20°F (-29°C).
- High efficiency, gas heat with induced-draft flue exhaust design.
- Induced draft motor ensures no flue gas can escape into the indoor air stream.
- Carrier designed naturally draining heat exchanger, unlike positive pressure heat exchangers, do not need to be periodically, manually drained. This saves labor and maintenance expense.
- 2-in. (51 mm) disposable filters on all units.
- Refrigerant filter-drier on each circuit.
- Each circuit is protected with a high and low pressure switch.
- Many factory-installed options ranging from air management economizers, 2 position dampers, plus convenience outlets, disconnect switches and smoke detectors.
- Standard (limited parts only) Warranty: 10 yr. aluminized heat exchanger, 5 yr. compressor, 3 yr. Novation® condenser coil, 1 yr. parts.
- Factory-installed Humidi-MiZer® adaptive dehumidification system on all sizes with round tube / plate fin condenser coils, includes Motormaster I controller.
|Weight||780 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||59.5 Inches (In)|
|Height||41.25 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||Var|
|Length||88.125 Inches (In)|
|Blower Motor HP||2 9/10 HP|
|Blower Motor RPM||733-949|
|Blower Motor Speeds||1|
|Blower Motor Type||Belt Drive|
|Blower Wheel||15" x 15"|
|Certifications||AHRI, ASHRAE 90.1 compliant|
|Circuit Breaker - Max Amps||60|
|Condenser Motor HP||1/4 HP|
|Condenser Motor RPM||1100|
|Condenser Motor Type||Direct Drive|
|Cooling Rated Capacity Btu/h||90000|
|Drain Connection Size||3/4"|
|Drive Type||Belt - Medium Static|
|Filter Size||16" x 20" x 2"|
|Locked Rotor Amps||164|
|Maximum Fuse Size||60|
|Metering Device||Fixed Orifice, TXV|
|Minimum Circuit Amps||45|
|Rated Load Amps||28.8,26.8|
|Sound Level (dBA)||66.7-90.1|