558 = Cooling RTU with optional Electric Heat, Legacy Series
J = Puron® (R-410A) Refrigerant
P = 208/230-3-60
08 = 7.5 ton
D = Two Stage cooling models 08-16
000 = No Heat
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu
2 = Medium Static Option, Belt Drive
A = None
0A = None
D = Standard Packaging and 2-Speed Indoor Fan Motor (VFD) Controller
* Contact your Bryant expert for additional information.
The Bryant rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With no-strip screw collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.
Easy to install:
All Legacy Linet units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Most Bryant 558J rooftops fit on existing Bryant curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Bryant accessory controls.
Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Bryant provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal. Take accurate pressure readings by reading condenser pressure with panels on. Simply remove the black, composite plug, route your gauge line(s) through the hole, and connect them to the refrigeration service valve(s).
Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Bryant puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Bryant rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in (51mm) filters standard.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Single-stage cooling capacity control on 04 to 12 models. Two-stage cooling capacity control on 08 to 16 models.
- SEER’s up to 13.0 (up to 13.4 with ECM motor)
- EER’s up to 11.0 (up to 11.4 with ECM motor)
- IEER’s up to 12.2 with single speed indoor fan motor.
- IEER’s up to 13.0 with 2-speed/VFD indoor fan motor.
- Up to 28% lighter than similar industry units. Lighter rooftops make easier replacement jobs.
- 3-12.5 ton units fit on existing Bryant rooftop curbs making the utility connections the same. This saves time and money on replacement jobs.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and troubleshooting easier.
- Field convertible airflow (3-12.5 tons). Being able to convert a unit from vertical airflow to horizontal makes it easy to overcome job site complications. 15 ton models requires a simple supply duct cover to field convert from factory vertical to horizontal.
- Easy-adjust, belt-drive motor available. There’s no need for field-supplied drives or motors.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb electrical routing.
- Single-point electrical connection.
- Sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
- Standardized controls and control box layout. Standardized components and controls make stocking parts and service easier.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access to the blower and blower motor, control box, and compressors.
- “No-strip” screw system guides screws into the panel and captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Exclusive, newly-design indoor refrigerant header for easier maintenance and replacement.
- Mechanical cooling (115°F to 40°F or 46°C to 4°C) standard on all models. Winter start kit allows cooling operation down to 25°F (-4°C) and MotorMaster to -20°F (-29°C).
- 2-in (51mm) disposable filters on all units.
- Refrigerant filter-drier on each circuit.
- High and low pressure switches. Added reliability with high pressure switch and low pressure switch.
- Factory-installed Perfect Humidity™ dehumidification system available on size 07-16 units with round tube / plate fin condenser coils, includes MotorMaster I controller. (NOTE: Perfect Humidity is no longer available on 04-06 units.)
- Optional 2-Speed Indoor Fan Motor System utilizes a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to automatically adjust the indoor fan motor speed between cooling stages. Available on 2-stage cooling models 08-16 with electromechanical controls or RTU Open.
|Weight||760 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||59.5 Inches (In)|
|Height||41.25 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||MEX|
|Length||88.125 Inches (In)|
|Blower Motor RPM||733-949|
|Blower Motor Speeds||2|
|Blower Motor Type||Fixed Torque|
|Blower Wheel||15" x 15"|
|Circuit Breaker - Max Amps||50|
|Condenser Motor HP||1/4 HP|
|Condenser Motor RPM||1100|
|Condenser Motor Type||Direct|
|Cooling Rated Capacity Btu/h||90000|
|Drain Connection Size||3/4"|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Filter Size||(4) 16" x 20" x 2" RA filter, (1) 20" x 24" x 1" OA filter|
|Locked Rotor Amps||83|
|Maximum Fuse Size||50|
|Metering Device||Fixed Orifice|
|Minimum Circuit Amps||41.1|
|Rated Load Amps||13.6|
|Sound Level (dBA)||82|